Sunday, February 15, 2015

Family Worship Guide (February 15, 2015)


Opening Prayer (Unison)
Hope of the poor, friend of the persecuted, advocate of the suffering, O God, we praise you, for you have been our help. Turn our tears to laughter and give us what we need to live. May all people receive your blessing, through Jesus Christ who died, and rose again, and in whom we find life. Amen.

Hymn                       “Jesus Loves Me”                    #191

1. Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so;
Little ones to Him belong;
They are weak, but He is strong.
Refrain:
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
Yes, Jesus loves me!
The Bible tells me so.
2. Jesus loves me! This I know,
As He loved so long ago,
Taking children on His knee,
Saying, “Let them come to Me.”
3. Jesus loves me still today,
Walking with me on my way,
Wanting as a friend to give
Light and love to all who live.

Scripture                     John 5:1-9a

[1] After this there was a feast of the Jews, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
[2] Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, in Aramaic called Bethesda, which has five roofed colonnades.
[3] In these lay a multitude of invalids--blind, lame, and paralyzed. [4] (none)
[5] One man was there who had been an invalid for thirty-eight years.
[6] When Jesus saw him lying there and knew that he had already been there a long time, he said to him, "Do you want to be healed?"
[7] The sick man answered him, "Sir, I have no one to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, and while I am going another steps down before me."
[8] Jesus said to him, "Get up, take up your bed, and walk."
[9] And at once the man was healed, and he took up his bed and walked.

Sermon*                                                Pastor Victor
(*Please find the file attached or on our church facebook page)    

Prayer
Lord Jesus, you are the Healer. Come and lay your hands on us. Lord, we confess our sins. We stop sinning and are turning back from our wrong doings. Lord, we want to be healed. Speak to us, “I am willing, be clean.” In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth set us free from the illness of the mind, depression, and despair. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, cleanse us from our physical disease, incurable disease, and chronic disease! Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous sings and wonders through the name of Jesus Christ. We give glory to you. We pray in the name of our Lord Jesus, Amen.

Hymn                       “Victory in Jesus”                   #370

1. I heard an old, old story,
How a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood's atoning,
Then I repented of my sins
And won the victory. 

Chorus
O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood. 

2. I heard about His healing,
Of His cleansing pow'r revealing.
How He made the lame to walk again
And caused the blind to see;
And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,
Come and heal my broken spirit,"
And somehow Jesus came and bro't
To me the victory. 

3. I heard about a mansion
He has built for me in glory.
And I heard about the streets of gold
Beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing,
And the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I'll sing up there
The song of victory.

Lord’s Prayer


No comments:

Post a Comment